Saturday 26 January 2008

A Birthday Cake, Song, And Wish

A birthday cake, a birthday song, a birthday wish. These elements were missing from my birthday this year. Strangely though, I did not feel anything in particular was missing.

I'm not too sure how the general folks out there feel about such things? Do you feel that they are necessary/important? Well for me, I had the general thought that they were not of much importance, which probably gave way to a better understanding of why I did not feel much without them.

Well, not until my friends in my church's choir, Praislight, celebrated my birthday for me today. :D

As usual, I was leaving home after practice when Clara called, and asked me to head to the food court beside our church to discuss something. I thought it might have something to do with our Good Friday performance, so I U-turned my way back to meet them.

Who knows that not long after I sat down, Sister Girlie, the worship leader of our church, brought a cake for me!! *ecstatic*

The setting was in the food court (not the best of places), and all of them were rushing to finish their dinner (not the best time either) because they have to prepare and serve God in the Miracle Service in an hour or so. After positioning and lighting the candles up, they sang me a birthday song and I was sooooo utterly touched. T_T (You know.. food court leh! So many people watching! And they still sang like nobody's business! :D)

My cake!!

Momentarily, the candles' light engulfed my vision and stole everything from my sight. It was like the most beautiful thing I've seen. :P Meanwhile their angelic voices resonated and having their way with my eardrums, and it was as if I was transported to another realm altogether. It certainly wasn't the best place, and it wasn't the best time either, but what I felt was certainly the best. I have no idea how else I can describe it any other way. :P

I finally had a chance to say my birthday wish as well. ;)

Deeply touched by their kind gestures, I can find no words to describe what those meant to me. I want to thank God so nmuch for this beautiful arragement, where they had managed to change my former perspectives about these simple blessings and actions. *touched*

To know you guys have been my privilege and a blessing from God. Thank you all, and I'm so fortunate to be serving our Lord and Saviour with all of you. :)

2 comments:

yEnLiN said...

Ur candles too many to be put on ur cake(indication that u r v old le)...whahahaha~

Lionel Low said...

Wa thanks horrr~~~ :/