Thursday 14 June 2007

Mouse Gestures in Firefox

I'm so happy! :D Found something that I lost for so long!

Have you heard of Mouse Gestures?

According to Wikipedia, a mouse gesture is a way of combining computer mouse movements and clicks which the software recognizes as a specific command.

I first came across mouse gestures in myIE2 (a free browser now better known as Maxthon). This technology totally changed the way I surfed the net! :D Opening a new tab was just a matter of holding down the left mouse button and clicking the right one. Closing a tab was vice versa. Back and forward had never been easier as well. Mouse gestures seems so intuitive, so natural to use. All actions are customisable according to your own liking too! ;)

myIE2 was not perfect though. It was based on the Internet Explorer(IE) browser engine, and as everyone knows, IE uses ActiveX which indirectly increases exposure to viruses. After a virus successfully attacked my computer sometime last year, I decided that it was simply not worth the risk, hence I dropped myIE2 to use Firefox.

If only I had searched earlier!! Came across this Mouse Gesture add-on for Firefox during one of my blog reads today and I immediately knew, the one thing that I so loved about a browser is now back in my hands! :D

muahahahahahaha.....

For those who have yet to try, I highly recommend it! It may change the way you browse the net. :)