Tuesday 26 June 2007

Dreamy iPhone~~


This is no new news. iPhone will be launched in US in 3 more days, 29 June 2007, and it's probably the biggest gadget bang this year. But right about a week ago, Apple announced that the dreamy iPhone has just gotten better. :O

Now check this out:

  • Talk Time: 8 hours
  • Standby Time: 250 hours (more than 10 days!)
  • Internet Use: 6 hours
  • Video Playback: 7 hours
  • Audio Playback: 24 hours
See the full technical specifications.

It's astounding stats from any angle that I see. I can get a 8GB iPhone that plays my favourite songs(for even longer hours than my current ipod nano), podcasts, videocasts, while at the same time enjoying the long hours of talk time, and checking emails on any journey. Important thing is that I can finally use VelvetPuffin! :D Now how cool is that package? It's north-pole-cool. **brrr***

There's probably 2 areas that I'm very concerned about. The prone-to-scratch-glossy-surface, and that I'm a prone-to-drop-phone-person. :(

Apple addresses my first concern that "the entire top surface of iPhone.. has been upgraded from plastic to optical-quality glass to achieve a superior level of scratch resistance and optical clarity". Now how nice is that! :) I don't have to worry about scratching the surface now! **YAY!!**

BUT the glass gives me more reasons to worry than ever! I drop my phone so regulary(once a month on average), will the glass shatter? :S I mean I would rather have a scratchy phone than a phone that shatters if I do drop if you get what I mean. Furthermore, the advanced hardware that's in this baby might break after dropping once! That's why I always go for cheapskate phones(free ones especially). Not that their hardware won't break, but it's just that they're easily replaceable. sigh... :(

In an indirect way, I'm glad that the US market gets to be the first batch of guinea pigs. :P When iPhone eventually comes to Singapore, I'll most probably read up on some reviews before deciding if this is the phone for me. :)

Until then, this is just a **dream** phone. :P~~~~

2 comments:

Arul said...

>>Important thing is that I can finally use VelvetPuffin!

Am not sure if you can do that yet. AFAIK, iPhone doesn't support Java apps.
Also, velvetpuffin will also have to support iPhone as well.

Lionel Low said...

wa... that will be a boo. let's hope by the time it comes in Singapore, both Apple and the mobile team of VP will do something about that.

wahahahaha... :D