Tuesday 12 June 2007

Annual ICT 2007

Received a SMS yesterday night, from an unknown number. The first 2 words in the SMS probably sank my mood into the deepest realm for the year. :(

(fm MINDEF:)
Still got smiley some more. pengz..

For the uninitiated, MINDEF is Ministry of Defense (Singapore). sigh... As expected... a Call Up Notification! This is gonna be the first In Camp Training (ICT) post my army days and I must say the feeling is pretty dreadful. To break away from my job, from what I love doing is.... IS..... SIGH............................................

It's gonna be a 5 days ICT at Seletar East Camp, from Oct 15 2007 0730hrs (SO EARLY!) to Oct 19 2007 2359hrs (SO LATE!). Oh well... I know I know... being a Singaporean male , this is unavoidable. Every guy has to do up their responsibility to protect the COUNTRY!!

At least there's one good part amidst all these, and that's the *timing*. They did not take away Oct 20, which is xf's bday. :D Army still clever after all la... know it's my best friend's bday know cannot take. wahahaha...

PS: I know it's just pure conincidence. Army got nothing to do with xf's bday perfect timing and if they really wanted to call me back, they still could! :( Just glad they dint. :D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're already like so lucky can? I've been like recalled back every year WITHOUT fail, 14 days of service plus 3 days of training. This means i've to cut and not dye my hair for twice a year! How crappy is that!?

Oh and that is like if im lucky. Else i'll get called back 14 days training then 1 day of IPPT, and another 1 day of Shooting. 3 freaking times a year!! Sigh..

-Leo-

P/S: Hey get your blog listed in www.dmoz.org (its free), if you're keen to improve your Google PR. Cheers.