Monday 25 June 2007

Geek Blog Announced! Again?!

Wow, how many days had it been since I first announced my geek blog? hahaha.. just 2 weeks? :D

Anyway, I found that while it's great to get the wordpress blog, everything seems to be so limiting. I dint like any of those. In order to have the ability to change the Cascading Style Sheets(CSS), I have to pay USD15 a year? Forget it. Even blogger gives it for free. To add to my pain, I can't add any side widgets or tools and there's no upgrades I can buy to do that(not that I will really buy if there IS really an option. :P).

I was desperate.


That naturally lead me to the thought, shouldn't I get a hosting service for myself? It's high time if you ask me. :D I had my limited website on freewebs.com for way too long. Friends recommended godaddy.com, and so after checking out and comparing a lot of other hosting services, found that godaddy.com had the best deal of all!

For 4 kick-ass years of hosting service, I only paid SGD320! Did I mention that the package gave me 100GB of space and 1TB(terabyte) of bandwidth? haha.. It was absolute awesomeness. In addition to this, I shared the hosting with 3D, which meant another ~SGD75 off the bill. :D Can't get any cooler than that. ;)

Anyway, after all that long grandmother story, here's the link to my new geek blog:
http://blog.flashmech.net

And do check out my portfolio website!
http://www.flashmech.net

PS: I just have to say this. Wordpress on wordpress hosting sucks. But wordpress on your own hosting rocks big-time. :D It's no wonder that they're the winner of the Webware 100 in the publishing category. :D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i do heard before godaddy's hosting is practically sucky one...only the domain registration rox. anyway, i think u better schedule a month for wordpress too...hehe. time for you to cover php,mysql,css,xhtml liao la...anyway a few books are good, like Blog Design Solutions and Wordpress Complete. both can be found in the library. :)

Lionel Low said...

@ndee
hmm... sucky or not still dunno leh. Let's hope they keep improving their service since it's a 4 years stay with them. :D Not paying the library a visit. I'm scared of their fines already. wahahaha...