Tuesday 26 June 2007

Answers in Firefox

This must have been one of the coolest add-on in Firefox that I've come across. :D

Some questions:

  • Do you read blogs/articles/news online?
  • Do you hate to be puzzled by a word that you dint know?
  • Do you go to dictionary.com, or any other online language resource reference in that matter, to check up words?
  • Do you want to improve your vocabulary?
If your answer is "Yes" to any of the above questions, probably what I'm going to introduce to you might be of most helpful. :)

Firefox Answers.

Every time when I'm reading there's bound to be chances of stumbling upon difficult words, and what I would usually do will be:
  • 1. Open up a new tab in Firefox.
  • 2. Type "www.dictionary.com" and press Enter.
  • 3. Wait for the page to load.
  • 4. In the search box, type the word in query, and press Enter.
  • 5. Wait for the page to load... again. :S
  • 6. The meaning of the word appears.
What a hassle! I had to live with that kind of flow because I couldn't find a better one. One fine day, while reading the web, I came to know of Answers. After installing this little thing, it blew me OFF! :D

This is my new flow of finding out the new word:
  • 1. Press the Alt key, and right mouse click on the word.
Ermz.. I'm done you know? haha.. It's just that simple! Alt-click Alt-click. The beauty of this add-on is that Answers is not limited to just words. If it detects that it's a phrase, it'll even look that up and bring the answers(well literally? hehe..) right to your web! :D

Please enjoy. I know you will. ;)

No comments: