Sunday 3 August 2008

I Didn't Like Batman

I still remember when I was still a little boy, I didn't like the Batman movie series, or their lame TV series with the *kapow~* overlays. If you remember those, you can probably guess my age (if you dint know already :P).

In short, I was never a fan. I never liked Batman, and I dint see why or what would make me change my opinion. I neither read the comics, nor did I see the cartoons. They were mentally seared with the BORING brand even before I gave them a chance (that's what you call prejudice? I love Wolverine so much more! :D).

Batman further became the butt of one of my classic jokes when I popped this riddle (very long time back if it interest you), "If Superman wears his underwear on the outside, who wears it on the head?" You get the idea. *lol~*

3 years ago when Batman Begins first came out, it's just my usual self to think, "Huh?? Now still show Batman? Who want to watch?" Obviously I dint bother to waste my buck on it during its lifetime in theatre.

A year later, things changed. :)

A friend lent me the DVD in 2006 (even though I initially resisted) and kept telling me that it was a very good movie, a must-see. So after a couple of days, one fine night with nothing better to do, I popped the DVD into my laptop with a simple expectancy: kill the hours.

2½ hours later, I officially became a fan. :D

For the first time in my life, I thought Batman was seriously cool and awesome! I used to think that the equipments that he used were lame, and I would even question the minutest detail: those bat ears on the hood, what good are they? And how could he suddenly just spread his "wings"? All my aged long questions were answered, and I even got to know how he calls forth his allies (a.k.a. the bats) after the movie!

The fortunate ones who watched Batman Begins would have known how good, and how solid it ended. I was totally sucked into the thought of watching the sequel when it comes out. Fast forward 2 years later to the beginning of 2008, I was saddened to learn that Heath Ledger died. Ironically, it was also when I learnt that he played as The Joker in the latest Batman sequel, The Dark Knight.

A couple of months before the launch of this movie, I kept watching the trailers over and over and over again. The craving was insatiable!

And then, _it_ finally came.

No comments: