Sunday 31 August 2008

I Hate Being A Cry Baby

But can I help it?

Occasionally some things will come along the way, touches your heart in its deepest corners, triggers the emotion centre of your heart and the floodgates of your eyes will just give way.

I wanted to post this video yesterday, because it made me burst into tears when I was just trying to kill time over lunch before I head off to church. I just watched it again, and well... you already know what happened.

Stories like Team Hoyt are indeed meant to strengthen us through all kinds of difficulties and struggles. Like Dick Hoyt (the father) who gave his all just to spend more time with his son and allow him to experience more of life, the same way has God wanted us to experience more of life through the blood of Jesus Christ.

I love my Father, and I'm not ashamed to make it known to the world. Pray that His amazing strength will work in us, and let us not fail to continue to spread His Word and love to those around us. I had done so little for Him thus far, and I can do _so much more_.

*We can do all things in Him who strengthens us.*



When asked what one thing Rick (the son) wished he could give his father, his reply was "The thing I'd most like is that my dad would sit in the chair and I would push him once."

No comments: