Sunday 10 August 2008

Doing Myself A Favour

For the longest time I've been feeling tired. Not just tired tired but it's actually *really solidly tired*.

On top of my day job, which sometimes stretches into unusually long hours, I spend a little too much time committing myself to a lot of other things. Such includes blogging (be it my profession or personal ones), being a moderator at Singapore Flex Usergroup, a committee member in The Actionscript Conference, my choir ministry in church, and of course things of lesser importance, watching shows and gaming.

Hehe.. I still have guitar lessons upcoming. How's that for a tight schedule? :D

Well, I've made a decision. From yesterday onwards, I will sleep before 2359, wake up promptly at 0700, and reach office on time at 0900. Likewise, I'll get off work on time at 1800 when it's within my means, and really strive to be on time in anything that I do.

Probably the biggest compelling reason for such a decision is the fact that I'm really not getting enough time to rest and exercise. When I don't have my usual weekday commitments like cell group meetings, I can be found OT-ing in office. Don't get me wrong, I love my job. But since my stamina is _really_ going downhill, I have to start doing something about it.

I'm ready to identify the parts that are a hazard in my life, and going to stem them out here and now, fully if not partly. Start of a quarter-life crisis? Maybe. But one thing is for sure, I'm doing myself a favour. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah gong!!!

hahahaha....u old le...LOL~ =p

must exercise more to keep in shape wor...kekeke

so take care!!!

Lionel Low said...

hanor... sigh...

old liaoz laaaaaaaa~ loL~