Sunday 31 August 2008

Realignment

I used to set myself a time frame that I would watch a movie to realign myself with God. That time frame was six months, and the purpose is because I know we being humans, tend to _take things for granted too easily_.

It had been very long since I last passed that six month time frame. My guess is more than year in fact. I wanted to set time away just for this movie and today seemed like the perfect day for it.

The movie, if you had not guessed it already, is "The Passion of the Christ".

I just want to gather my thoughts and place them in proper into one post because I am truly, richly blessed by it each and every time. Try as you might, some things are indescribable beyond words or reasons.

And God's love is one such thing. :)

Isaiah 53:5 (NLT)
He was pierced for our rebellion,
crushed for our sins.
He was beaten so we could be whole.
He was whipped so we could be healed.

We always proclaim in Jesus' name that by His stripes we are healed, and while we know that is true, how many of us actually understand the extent of the flogging that He actually went through for us?

John 15:18,20 (NLT)
18 "If the world hates you, remember that it hated me first. ... 20 Do you remember what I told you? 'A slave is not greater than the master.' Since they persecuted me, naturally they will persecute you. ..."

We are lucky to be in Singapore where we are able to openly announce our relationship with God and not be afraid of being persecuted. Should a day come when such persecution happens, I pray that by God's strength I will be able to withstand anything that comes.

John 13:34 (NLT)
So now I am giving you a new commandment: Love each other. Just as I have loved you, you should love each other.

Matthew 5 (NLT)
43 "You have heard the law that says, 'Love your neighbor' and hate your enemy. 44 But I say, love your enemies! Pray for those who persecute you! 45 In that way, you will be acting as true children of your Father in heaven. For he gives his sunlight to both the evil and the good, and he sends rain on the just and the unjust alike. 46 If you love only those who love you, what reward is there for that? ..."

Not only should we have love for fellow siblings-in-Christ, we should also love our enemies. That is probably something that I find to be the most hard to do. Though I try to forgive and forget, there are still some grudges from the past that's still holding me back. I really have to pray for a breakthrough in this area with Lord Jesus as my model.

Luke 23:34 (NLT)
Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't know what they are doing."

Even unto death, my Lord was still praying for His "enemies". How much more do we have to pray for others that trespass against us?

John 14:6 (NLT)
Jesus told him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me. ..."

Matthew 26 (NLT)
26 As they were eating, Jesus took some bread and blessed it. Then he broke it in pieces and gave it to the disciples, saying, "Take this and eat it, for this is my body."

27 And he took a cup of wine and gave thanks to God for it. He gave it to them and said, "Each of you drink from it, 28 for this is my blood, which confirms the covenant between God and his people. It is poured out as a sacrifice to forgive the sins of many.

Next Sunday is going to be communion Sunday. With remembrance to what Jesus had done for us, and the blood that He shed to protect us, let us remember Him, and affirm in our hearts that He is our Lord and Saviour. He now sits at the right hand of God, interceding for us every day.

The bible, being only words, is very often too easy to read. Read the following:

John 19 (NLT)
1 Then Pilate took Jesus and had him flogged. 2 The soldiers twisted together a crown of thorns and put it on his head. They clothed him in a purple robe 3 and went up to him again and again, saying, "Hail, king of the Jews!" And they struck him in the face.

...

18 Here they crucified him... .

In just a few words, it tells of Jesus' sacrifice of us. However the extent of what He went through, no one except Him knows. Not only has my King died for me, He conquered death, and won against all odds and traps that the devil had plotted. He was tempted like every man, yet He never sin. He bore our iniquities and gave us a chance to come back to God. No other love is greater than this.

John 3:16 (NLT)
For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.

And on the day when we meet our Saviour, the holes in His hands will still be there, bearing evidence of the nails that He took for us in His hands and feet. All praises be to the Name above all names, the King of all kings and Lord of all lords, Jesus Christ. Amen!

Revelation 21 (NLT)
4 "... He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain. All these things are gone forever."

5 And the one sitting on the throne said, "Look, I am making everything new!"

No comments: