Monday 19 March 2007

Box.net

Welcome welcome to Flashmech's Technology Talk. *waves*

*people claps & waves back*

Today we'll be talking about Box.net.

*cheers*

Haha... I've been writing so many stuff on technology recently that I feel that I'm more like creating a technology blog. Nonetheless, credits to Shunjie for giving me a sneak peak into this website, Box.net.

Sign up here, and they give you 1GB storage space for free. Simple. That's it. haha... the end.

*booo~~!!!*

OK OK!! That's not it~! haha...

Several perks. They allow you to share your files, if you want, with friends and families, view photos, blah blah blah all the regular stuff. What's nice too, is that for music files, they have their own player to play it too~ end~ lalala...

*BOOOOOOOOOOO~~!!!!!!!!!!!!*

I know stilllll not very convincing... Well at least, it makes me think about why I bought my thumb drive in the first place can? Haha.. I mean, both of them are 1GB, this is online, so it basically syncs to everywhere(PRO) as long as I have internet connection(CON). Yet, I can never lose data from Box.net(PRO), cos the data is always online and not in storage media. In addition, your files online will not deteriorate over time(PRO), unlike storage media, where you run into risk of dropping them, life span, etc... Transfer rate is a major problem though, cos it entirely depends on your bandwidth. Either way, it's never ever gonna be the same with the rate that thumb drives transfer(CON). But hey!! It's FREE!!! I know human are mostly cheapos *pointing to myself*, haha.. so that's definitely a PRO!!!

"Yeah!!!" *laughs and claps*

The real great factor will be that they allow me to have a name space in their address, and people can come to it and see what files I had explicitly shared. Feel free to download any file, any time((PRO), when I make them available lah!~(Another PRO)). haha...

Another plus, they provide widgets for bloggers like me, to add direct stuff on my blog to allow people to come and download! How cool is that~~! I can put my resume here when I'm finding for jobs, and other things necessary when they become necessary(PRO PRO!!). :P

Final note, they provide API for developers like me to create some really nifty stuff! Shunjie has already began some very very very very very interesting works regarding this. When he's done with it, I shall get it from him(if he does not consent, I'll probably steal it! :D), and share with you guys using Box. hahaha...

So what you waiting for? Sign up now and start uploading. Share with me too!!! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wa you really know how to appreciate other people's technology effort. It is people like you who will make VelvetPuffin more popular.

LONG LIVE VELVETPUFFIN!!!

Did I not mention my VP account.
I'm sandy.
*blush*
Add me there.

Lionel Low said...

hehe... aiyo... so cute. I already added you in VP le ma, why still advertise here?

怕人不懂吗?? hehehe... *pinch pinch*

Arul said...

dude, 3D is just trying to increase her friends list.length remember what she did to increase her friendster accound count, don't u ?
LoL

Lionel Low said...

oh ya!!! how can i forget...

blehhh~~~