Saturday 1 March 2008

My 29th Of February, 2008

This past week had been awfully hectic. Deadlines were lined up one after another, and I had to OT every day just to meet up with the expectations from clients. Two of the days even saw me working past midnight, with one till 3am. :S

I feel so terribly drained. "Drained" is just one word though. Put exhausted, fatigued, weary, tired and worn out together, and they probably paint a better picture (although they actually have the same meaning! :P).

It's the first crazy period in my new job and it certainly won't be the last. Nonetheless, the results and feedback that I got really encourages me to push forward, and I'm in fact, very happy with what I've learnt throughout this experience. :)

With today being a Friday, and since I committed to serve God in the choir, I rushed to church after work for my weekly practice for the upcoming Good Friday performance. It was as if God took away the fatigue that was plaguing my body and burdening my spirit. :D The practice was extremely rejuvenating, nearly a blast if I may say, and I felt so blessed to be singing and grooving along with all the Praislighters. Seeing how God work really amazes me every single time. :)

The icing to top off the day however, was the fellowship that I had with Harry and Clara post practice. Dinner at Admiralty's McDonald's was the main plan, but it soon evolved to a 2 hours talk-cock session. :P

It had been eons since I last chatted with friends at any McDonald's joint, so this time it brings back some good ol' reminiscences as well. The topics we touched on were so widely diversified, that all of us had our own fair share of extreme, uncontrollable laughter. :D (You know, those type when you lean back and forth while laughing? :P) We had so much fun talking, to the point that we nearly forgot that it was nearly midnight!

Since I'm going to start serving in the Saturday's Miracle Service in March, I believe such conversations can only happen more often. ;)

Well, my 29th February 2008 was being marked from tiredness, to rejuvenation, and ended with laughter. How's yours? :D

No comments: