Tuesday 6 November 2007

Rocky Balboa

Rarely has a film so inspired me. Rocky Balboa is already in his fifties, but to pursue his burning passion, he decided to come back from retirement and get in the ring with the current heavyweight champion, Mason Dixon.

This dialogue between Rocky and his son, particularly moves me. His son was complaining that his dad, getting into the ring at his age, was a joke, and he being his son, will also be made together with the joke. Here's what Rocky said:

The world ain't all sunshines and rainbows.
It's a very mean and nasty place,
and I don't care how tough you are,
it'll beat you to your knees
and keep it there permanently if you let it.

You, me or nobody...
...is gonna hit as hard as life.

But it ain't about how hard you hit.
It's about how hard you can get hit,
and keep moving forward.


How much you can take,
and keep moving forward.
That's how winning is done!

Now, if you know what you're worth,
then go out and get what you're worth.
But you gotta be willing to take the hits.

And not pointing fingers saying
you ain't what you wanna be
because of him, or her, or anybody.

Cowards do that, and that ain't you!

I can't imagine how I'll feel if my dad tells me such powerful speeches. T_T

Kudos to Sylvester Stallone, for writing an amazing script that develops the characters, producing it, and finally, being himself. I think after shooting five movies about Rocky, he must have put his heart and soul with him as the character while making it. Absolutely amazing.

It ain't over 'til it's over.

2 comments:

yEnLiN said...

hey! where's ur photos frm Japan? i wanna see!!!

Lionel Low said...

haha... ger ah.. I also wanna upload and show you, but I very busy de wor... :P

You will see it when you see it k? :D