Wednesday 21 November 2007

IPPT 2007

Nearly died from IPPT and totally suffering from body aches now. :S Here's the details:

1st Station: Shuttle Run - 9.6s
Pretty clueless and non-strategic of me to go and take this as the first station. Nothing was actually going through my head la. :( I should have at least taken the Broad Jump first before taking this station. But oh well, it landed me the only 5 points of the entire test. haha..

2nd Station: Sit Up - 38
I still can't believe what used to be an easy easy 5 points became a struggle today. Was aiming for 40 but try as I might till the last second, only landed myself with a 38. Sigh.. I really need to shed that layer of fats around my tummy. :(

3rd Station: Broad Jump - 213cm
My weakest link dated all the way back from primary school. :( Totally can't grasp the technique that they mentioned even back in army, and it seems I'll be forever plagued by it. With the tiredness accumulated from the shuttle run earlier on, I only managed to jump 213cm, and got myself a "glorious" 1 point. :S

4th Station: Chin Up - 10
I can't believe it, and neither should you. It had been so long since I last did any chin ups due to my wrist injury. I wanted to inform the Physical Training Instructor (PTI) of my condition but I thought I just give it a shot. :D Who knows! haha.. Thing is, after I came down, my wrist gave me a short numb which only went away after a few minutes. :S Still happily lala-ing though. *glee*

Special thanks goes to Geri! Seems like the physiotherapy occupational therapy that she gave me back then did help my condition! *w00t!*

3rd Station Revisited: Broad Jump - 225cm
Seeing that my Shuttle Run, Sit Up, and Chin Up stations all had fairly good results, I requested a retry for my Broad Jump. I'm still filled with both satisfaction and regrets now, here's why.

I had to jump 4 times because the machine kept throwing me "Line Fault" and ask me to "Clear Platform". :S By my last attempt my knees were already shaking and beads of sweat kept falling off my forehead. I believed I hurt my back during one of the jumps, cos now I can't even sit or walk with a straight posture. Making my back straight sends a pain signal throughout my entire body. :S Think I need physiotherapy for my back now. *lol*

At last, I cleared with a final 225cm. 3 super-hard-earned-and-possibly-making-me-regret points. *phew*

6th Station: 2.4km Run - 11:43 min
Just 3 stupid seconds away and I would have gotten a 3 points. Ended with a not-so-desirable 2 points. *sigh* At least I survived after not running for about 3 weeks, which I consider to be ok le la. haha.. Consoling myself. :P

Yay!! So I passed! :D

Though I feel I can improve on many areas, I'm not going to stay in that spirit. I'm actually very happy that I survived and made it on first attempt, and the next time will be next year! Finally MINDEF will stop bugging me with their SMSes/emails/letters spam. :P

Time to rest for now...

(OUCH! My back...)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

wa ur chin up so tekong one ah!

Cannot judge ur slim arms by appearance!

Lionel Low said...

hehe... arms bu ke mao xiang. :P

But I also can't believe anyway, so totally understandable. haha.. I'm still feeling utterly totaled now though. :(

yEnLiN said...

whahaha...my broad jump record was 203 or 207 wor~ can't remember exact. But that was in jc2 le...haha...but ur situps how can be so little???
anw...u free on 1st dec(sat)? me and shan wan to ask u out..heehee...

Lionel Low said...

Sigh... Told you le lor... the fats layer on my tummy. hahaha... Gotta shed them off de la. :D

Yeah free at the moment. ;) Msg me the details ba!

Anonymous said...

Lionel Low!! To think that you attended my session last time, you still don't know what my job is?!?!?!?

It's OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY, not physiotherapy! Now apologise and make the correct change!

Humpt!! :P

Lionel Low said...

Aiya... hahaha... You know when I tell my army superior last time in order to get time off, they only understand physiotherapy. :D

Generally the public only knows PHYSIOTHERAPY can?! :D I say occupational therapy later no one understand how?? HOW??? :P

Anonymous said...

I don't care! You are just continuing the ignorance of my occupation, when we have done so much for you! What injustice is that?!?!?! Sigh... Truly disappointed...

No one understands, ask them to google it, or better yet, visit my blog and type 'occupational therapy' in the search box. I cannot believe that even my friends cannot remember my occupation. You wouldn't like it if I called your occupation by any other name also right?!

Lionel Low said...

Haha.. Check out my edited post.

Happy??? :P

Anonymous said...

Hee... Thank you and good boy! =)

yEnLiN said...

update! i wan to see the photos dat time u took at fish n co =P

Anonymous said...

Wah, power SBJ 225. Quickly hiong till 25 then Cat Y lor!

SBJ = SI BEI JIALAT