Sunday 4 November 2007

N95 SGD200 Cheaper?!?!?!

Talk about feeling cheated. I just heard this from my god mom and checked it out over at Singtel's website.

For those who dint know, I bought Nokia N95 on 22 Oct, just a day less than 2 weeks ago. The motivation behind this was because Singtel sent a mailer that I could save SGD30 on my next 3G phone with it. I had to use the mailer before 31 Oct, if not the promo will be over, and since I had to head to Japan on 25 Oct, I had to use it before I leave. It had been 21 months since I changed my phone, and added with the fact that I wanted a phone that I can play Flash Lite with, I invested SGD568 on the N95.

WHO KNOWS!?!?!

Singtel came up with this surprise that threw me off balance. My god mom messaged me today that for this week only, the N95 is going at SGD200 lesser! WA KAO!!! Can you believe it???? :( Instead of saving me SGD30, I spent an additional SGD170 just because of that mailer. :(

For the rest of you guys, lucky for you. Go get this phone this week before Singtel ends the deal. Feeling totally dumb and cheated. BAH~~~

If Singtel reads this, I hope they can offer a percentage rebate (like what Steve Jobs did with the iPhone price cut) to those who just bought the N95 (say.. 2 weeks ago?) before this current offer, I will be so happy with them I will kiss the Singtel logo in their AmkHub store.

Really! I'll do it!

[Update 04/11/2007 23:03]
I've just emailed Singtel with a "complain", and I hope something good comes out of this.

Hi,

I've just upgraded my handset to N95 less than 2 weeks ago (~22 Oct), and paid SGD568 for the new phone.

Just saw your new hot deals this week that N95 is going at SGD200 cheaper, and I can't help but feel unhappy with the entire event.

Having been a loyal consumer of your good services till date, I hope that something can be done to make a paying customer happy again.

If an example is required, please kindly refer to what Steve Jobs, Apple CEO, did after the price cut of the iPhone.

http://www.apple.com/hotnews/openiphoneletter/

If customers are informed of future offers, say for those within the next month, we would have a better idea of when to get our desired phone, and such unhappy events can well be averted.

I look forward to your reply.

Thanks in advance.

Lionel

1 comment:

leoquarius said...

That is bloody sucky to say the least. That's like 'Come grab it while it lasts' then tada! It never lasts!

Who knows man!? Those who get it this week at $198 will be shocked to discover that next week, Singtel is giving it away at $98! You never know! Who is to say it wont happen?!

But i would like to add, this really is clever marketing. I think i ought to learn something from this saga and apply this sort of marketing strategy on my customers too. Hahahaha :D

-Bro-