Monday 25 December 2006

A Lovely Christmas

This had been a very meaningful Christmas for me this year, and I really want to thank God for it.

God said that we are the light of the earth, so our purpose as Christians is to bring the light to as many people as we can, dispelling the darkness that the devil so loved, so that people around us may see and experience the love of God themselves.

I finally answered to God’s calling a few days ago, and called up my God-mom and brother and invited them to church, since there’s an evangelistic drama that’ll be staged by the drama department of our church. Thank God that both of them responded positively. Indeed, our Lord answers if you knock on his door! I need to emphasize though, that both of them are non-Christians.

Hence this early morning, on the 25th of December, we set off to church and for the first time, I feel this happiness that was overflowing overwhelmingly in me. This Christmas drama unfolds God’s greatest present, especially when a person is going through an adversity. Three angels are sent to three distraught families as they go through their respective sorrowful trials. Through it all, each family discovers that God’s greatest present is really His presence.

Seeing how it touched my heart and how my God-mom cried (if I’m not mistaken, as it was pretty dark), I really felt that God used me to bring His word and light to them. Feeling used by God is such a wonderful feeling. Maybe I’ve procrastinated for far too long myself, but today, is definitely a good start.

It had been a long while since the last occasion I spent time with my God-mom. It was great. I have always hoped that being a lighter for Christ, I may one day bring my entire Buddhist family to Him. There’s this message that I will always remember in my heart, which was given by my pastor, “If you are saved by Christ but do not bring the good news of salvation to your family members, you’ll be all alone when God’s kingdom comes.”

With no intention of allowing that to happen, one of my new year’s resolutions this coming year will be to bring my family to church as often as I can. I know for sure that since I ask, God will provide, in His infinite ways for our ultimate good, for His love transients all understanding.
If you know me, and read this blog today, and one fine day I come and ask you to come to church with me, please do not be surprised. For it is out of my love for you that I want you to know of my God’s love for you.

Happy 2006th birthday to my Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. Thank you God for loving us, for You first loved us, so we can learn to love you. For it is You who found us, when we are like lost sheep without our shepherd. I will praise Your name forever and always.

Isaiah 9:6
Unto us a Child is born, unto us a Son is given; and the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

No comments: