Monday 18 December 2006

2 Months @ Work

How time flies!

It still almost seems like it is yesterday when I had just ORDed (Operational Ready Date, when we have officially served the duration for our nation) from the Singapore Armed Forces (SAF), looking and seeking for my first job. I went to several interviews, trying to find the perfect working environment that has both the combination of opportunities to learn and grow.

Viola! It is 2 months at my current company already! What a joy ride it has since been. I have come into contact with so many people, people with distinct leadership qualities, people with exceptional skills and knowledge, and I find myself in a huge industrial university where there is so much to gain knowledge of.

Being a flash engineer, I get in touch with what I love best, pure ActionScript. It always seems strange to me as I started out learning flash on a self-taught basis. I never expected it will blossom into a full-time career. My diploma in digital media design seems to be on the road to rust though. But I'm not complaining, yet! =P

What make me even more excited are the things that are lined up for me in the months to come. One of them is this. Although the official reason for the purchase of Swift3D is for the company’s production purpose, they are designating me to be the one to create the contents! I've always wanted to learn Swift3D since a couple of years back, so this is really an adrenaline rush to me when I heard the news.

I guess I'll not be able to have such great opportunities anywhere else, and so, I really want to thank God for all of these. =)

No comments: