Sunday 10 December 2006

The Descent


This film is scary. But that sounds like a serious understatement. This should be a better fit.


Extreme horror.

It's no wonder why the movie was rated R. For the amount of scare I got, if I had high blood pressure, I would have died. I almost fell off my chair throughout so many scenes! My hands found their way to covering my ears to prevent any more sudden burst of bloodcurdling sounds from getting in for more than half of the movie.

This movie answers to the question that I always have. Why did I never like the idea of adventuring? I know it's either of these 2 things. Either I watch too much of such movies, or that I'm really just a non-adventurous kind of guy.

My point of view of the former was affirmed, and I'm not going for any sort of "adventuring". Ever. I have no idea why but I seem to believe that in deep caves, there will be another life form. Something unknown, something that had evolved specially for survival in the darkness. Be it either animals or human, it's just too much for me.

I'm even wondering now if I'll be able to sleep tonight. The scenes are still so fresh in my head it sends chill down my spine.

This IS, 1st class horror.

1 comment:

Arul said...

hahaha

tempts me to go watch it!

will check out sometime :)