Tuesday 14 October 2008

Mom's Home!

There are still many things that I wish I got the time to pen down, but I should write about this one before anything else. :)

Yesterday was a happy day, because mom is finally discharged from hospital after 10 hospitalised days. Officially, she had been sick for 12 days. Here's the story.

Back when I first blogged about her admittance into hospital, the doctor initially suspected it to be a case of dengue fever. The symptoms that showed, including the blood test, apparently pointed the doctors to that suspicion. That night after she was warded, the doctor did a body checkup for her and another possible case was brought up: Urinary Tract Infection.

As the initial days went by, I was still worried because mom's appetite was not showing signs of betterment. Her status written on the board above her bed was "CRIB", which meant "Critically Rest In Bed". Then on Tuesday morning, she had a high fever of 39.7°C and the nurses needed to sponge her to bring her temperature down. From mom's account, the nurses even had to change water because the water became warm. :S

It was getting clear to the doctors by that time that it was neither a case of dengue fever nor urinary tract infection, but was organ inflammation. It was the left kidney, to be specific. Stones jammed up the tract and mom wasn't able to expel the fluid, and that was the primary cause of the condition. With that, Wednesday became the most worrisome day, as a possible operation was mentioned.

Describing the operation made me cringe. It involves injecting a tiny tube into her kidney to allow the fluid to flow out, in order that the swelling might go down. Loss of blood was anticipated and the doctors had to draw her blood again to test for compatibility, just in case.

The following day was utter relief as the doctors said that there was no need for the operation. I was so happy to the point of smiling cheek to cheek. Mom's health began getting back on track, and I was looking forward to her coming home soon.

TADA! Yesterday she was finally home! :D

Now, that's just one part of the story. Here is the other. :)

God once again, showed His love, healing powers, mercy and abundant grace. Throughout this entire ordeal, God's healing for my mom was apparent and I just couldn't give enough thanks to Him that mom did not have to go through the operation.

In my times of weaknesses, His strength held me up to allow me to fight on in keeping my job's deadline, while allowing me to still visit mom in the hospital. I was tempted to worry, but He showed and provided me comfort, assuring that my mom was being well taken care of by Him.

The reason? Because mom means more to God than to me. :)

God works for all good. I had never dared to share my faith openly in the family because of one reason; they did not force their belief on me, so I shouldn't too. However, during this time of distress when I saw everyone worrying, I was greatly encouraged by the Holy Spirit to share more about Jesus Christ our Savior to my family.

I may never know how much they receive into their hearts, but I'm assured the seeds are sown. The time for the seeds to grow is entirely in God's timetable, not mine.

God's love is so vast that we can never comprehend. His compassion is so deep that transcends all understanding. I will continue to pray that one day my family may all bask in the light of His everlasting love.

Romans 8:35,37-39
Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? ... No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

To my dearest siblings-in-Christ and friends, I thank all of you for your love for me and my family. You who prayed relentlessly over the days, you who interceded for us with God against the diseases, you who gave words of comfort and assurance, you who encouraged and provided strength through His Word, thank you. :)

No comments: