Tuesday 31 July 2007

Reminiscing My Army Days


My friend Geri sent me a link to this video and my oh my... how it reminded me of the days in army! I'm not lying over here, but I actually kinda miss it. :D

This video reminded me of my own BMT (Basic Military Training), my own weight plus the layers of fats before army (72kg?? I'm 62kg now!), and my "wife"! haha.. What's featured in the video, SAR-21, is a more advanced rifle that belong to those lucky infantry units (I'm not envious! Their training is way tougher!). For me, I had a M16-S1, which is a Singapore modified version of the older M16. Still my first wife though. :P

Nevertheless, it brings back some really good memories. Day in day out all we had to do is to focus on not signing any extras (extra duties), throw smoke bombs (escape from superiors), "delegating" duties to junior soldiers, trying our best to make up reasons to get out of camp, and faking the innocent face (kiam pa bin) to show that whatever that screwed up had absolutely NOTHING TO DO WITH ME! *istroke*

In short, CAO GENG! (trying to escape from anything and everything.)

Don't you think it's exciting? :P But yeah.. I also miss the not-so-exciting-but-rather-good times of that kind of life. Regular and routine lifestyle, daily exercises that keeps you really super fit, regular meals that you don't have any say (but yet still taste good!), and the kind of bonding between all of us who shared in the same bunk (including whatever nonsense that occurred during the night!).

To those of my friends who are going in, it's not all that bad! It brings a certain level of maturity into you that is needed to go through this working life ahead of you. Teaches me to be humble for an instance. :) To those who are in midst of it, trust me, you're going to come out a much better person than before you go in. To those who are out, I have no advice you need! :P

Oh well, I don't have to wait too long myself. Two and half more months and I'm going back for reservist. Wonder if I'll see any of my old time buddies. haha...

No comments: